Jumping rope is one of the greatest exercise for boxing. It improves your balance, footwork, punching power, muscle endurance, breathing efficiency, muscle conditioning and several more thing. It’s a great exercise for boxing and is pretty fun once you learn some tricks.
If I had to choose an exercise that best mimics leg use in boxing, it’s the jump rope. The reason is because your legs are always contracting in tiny bursts–not only when you bounce in the ring but also when you punch.
Jumping rope builds that leg muscle so you can have that powerful leg burst throughout an entire fight. The jump rope is fast and constant which is very similar to how you would use your legs during a fight. Most importantly, the jump rope teaches you how to use your legs efficiently.
Many fighters don’t do the jump rope because it’s too tiring. Well if you keep it up, you will learn how to relax (using technique and breathing) so you can do hundreds of jumps without getting tired. This ability will allow you to throw hundreds of powerful punches without getting tired. This is something other leg exercises can never teach you.
The jump rope will make you a more powerful and energy efficient fighter. The guys that do jump rope have a nice relaxed bounce and move with a calm slickness. The guys that don’t jump rope are never as graceful and typically move with big heavy energy-wasting steps. Spend some time watching fighters in your gym and you will see what I mean. Unlike running or squats and other similar exercises, the jump rope improves your foot coordination. You have to pay attention to the rope and clear the rope with your feet. You can’t just drop your feet all over the place like a lazy running step, you have to have sharp feet when you’re jumping rope. This results in improved quickness and footwork agility!
If I had to choose an exercise that best mimics leg use in boxing, it’s the jump rope
- Jumping rope is one of the greatest exercise for boxing and is pretty fun once you learn some tricks. It improves your balance, footwork, punching power, muscle endurance, breathing efficiency, muscle conditioning and several more thing.
- Made of strong durable 270 cm steel rope covered by plastic with polished wooden grip.
- Ball bearing use in the wooden handle for smooth movement of the rope.
- This aerobic exercise can achieve a burn rate of up to 700 calories per hour of vigorous activity, with about 0.1 calories consumed per jump.
- One of the best skipping rope personal use, group of gym uses.
- Suitable for adults male and female